Looking to expand your local network of scientists in the field of delivery science? Join a local or student chapter to attend additional meetings and hear outstanding guest speakers.
2018 Travel Grants Deadline have been awarded, stay tuned for 2019.
Join a Chapter
Questions? Contact CRS Board Liaison for Local Chapters, Ilva Rupenthal
Australian Local Chapter
President, Heather Benson
Canadian Local Chapter
President, Marc Gauthier
China Local Chapter
President, Wei-San Pan
Germany Local Chapter
President, Lee Ann Dailey
Greece Local Chapter
President, Panos Macheras
India Local Chapter
President, Anisha Pargal
Israeli Local Chapter
President, Marcelle Machluf
Italy Local Chapter
President, Pietro Matricardi
Malaysian Local Chapter
President, Ng Shiow Fern
New Zealand Local Chapter
President, Greg Walker
Nordic Local Chapter
President, Bente Steffansen
Spain Portugese Local Chapter
President, Dolores Torres
Taiwan Local Chapter
President, Li Fang Wang
Turkey Local Chapter
President, Yildiz Ozsoy-Erginer
United Kingdom-Ireland Local Chapter
President, Katie Ryan
Illinois Student Chapter
President, Karina Esparza
New Jersey/New York/Pennsylvania Student Chapter
President, Rose Soskind
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Student Chapter
President, Reut Bitton
University of Missouri-Kansas City Student Chapter
President, Akshay Jain
Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grants
These travel grants aim to promote the connectivity between various active CRS Local Chapters by providing travel grants to promising young scientists around the world to attend the CRS Annual Meetings. 2018 DEADLINE HAS ENDED - Check back for 2019 submission.
- CRS Local Chapters must provide to CRS headquarters their current Local Chapter roster by January.
- Active CRS Local Chapters (not including Student Chapters) will be provided with the amount of funds allocated for Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grants for the year, which they should use to select travel grant awardee(s). This amount will be communicated to the Local Chapter after the CRS Board approves the fiscal year budget. Each Local Chapter should aim to select their awardee(s) to demonstrate active participation in the program. Active participation in the program is a prerequisite for a Local Chapter’s continued financial eligibility. Each CRS Local Chapter has the liberty to decide the total number of awards to grant for a given year.
- Travel grants are preferably provided to current Students and Post-docs, or young researchers just starting their career (e.g., in the first 5 years of their full-time research career).
- Travel grant applicants should be an active member of the Local Chapter.
- Travel grant selection should be based on the quality of the applicant's science, as reflected in their research presentations/papers in Local Chapter meetings.
- The travel grant is to aid in travel costs for the upcoming CRS Annual Meeting, and cannot be applied to past CRS Annual Meeting travels.
How to Apply
- All travel grant applicants are required to submit an abstract to the CRS Annual Meeting (Deadline mid-January); the abstract must be accepted for either a poster or podium presentation at the CRS Annual Meeting. (notifications from CRS will be sent to presenting authors in March)
- Travel grant applicants are required to be registered for the CRS Annual Meeting by the Presenter Registration Deadline (mid-May).
- Travel grant applicants are to acknowledge CRS Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grants in their poster or podium presentation at the CRS Annual Meeting.
- The amount of the award(s) for each Local Chapter will be based upon the number of accepted applicants and funds available.
- Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grant recipients will be acknowledged during the Opening Session and Award Ceremony at the CRS Annual Meeting.
- Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grant recipients must be present at the meeting in order to receive the travel grant funds.
- Funds will be distributed to the Local Chapters at the CRS Annual Meeting. The Chapters will then distribute the funds to their awardees. The above-indicated information is required for the transfer of the funds to the CRS Local Chapter.
Congratulations to the 2018 CRS Local Chapter Young Scientist Travel Grant Recipients!
The following students received a travel grant to attend the 2018 CRS Annual Meeting in New York City.
Australia Local Chapter:
- Hayley Schultz, University of Australia
- Chelsea Thorn, University of South Australia
- Kalilkumar Vithani, Monash University
Canada Local Chapter:
- Ellie Arnold, University of Toronto
- Jayesh Kulkarni, University of British Columbia
- Wei-Lun Tang, University of British Columbia
- Yannick Traore, University of Waterloo
India Local Chapter:
- Isha Naik, Bombay College of Pharmacy
Israel Local Chapter:
- Nitzan Letko Khait, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
Italy Local Chapter:
- Alice Melocchi, University of Milan
- Martina Nardoni, University of Rome
Malaysia Local Chapter:
- Leanne De Silva, Monash Malaysia
- Doryn Tan, Monash Malaysia
New Zealand Local Chapter:
- Sachin Sunil Thakur, University of Auckland
Nordic Local Chapter:
- Eva Ramsay, University of Eastern Finland
- Tomas Sou, Uppsala Universiyt
Spain-Portugal Local Chapter:
- Joao Conniot, University of Lisbon
- Andreia Pimenta, University of Lisbon
Taiwan Local Chapter:
- Chih-Chun Chang, National Tsing-Hua University
- Kuan-Wei Huang, National Tsing-Hua University
- Yun-Chieh Sung, National Tsing-Hua University
UK-Ireland Local Chapter:
- Neil Forbes, University of Strathclyde
- Ziad Sartawi, University College Cork